Real World, this is a Post Grad.
Let's conduct an interview:
Real World: Where do you see yourself in five years?
Me: Not dead, maybe. Hopefully in a home I bought and with a job that's secure and that I've had for five years. I want to know how to make really good barbecue pulled pork sandwiches, or, at least have a barbecue. I'll have traveled to at least five countries and made scrap books of each experience. I see myself with a multitude of new skills, like surfing, Quickbook proficiency, and ability to pay my own taxes and manipulate the stock market.
Real World: Seriously?
Me: Oh, well, yeah if everything goes well, you know?
Real World: This is what I see for you in five years: you're still renting but at least you have a job even if you're under-appreciated and without a raise in two years. Probably working for some company you don't morally approve of and go home and write about in a pathetic blog about how things could be different and someday you'll do something you're proud of and show the world what's what. You won't have traveled much or met anyone too meaningful. So, the way I see it. Kind of looks like you now...well but with a job.
Me: I already have a pathetic blog.
Hello blogosphere. I'm not too talented in any particular area of specialty. I can only hope to improve creativity through sharing things with you and maybe someday I'll have a job.
Here's the beginning, it's not that epic.
No comments:
Post a Comment